Windows XP "Disconnected Network Drive" Please Help..

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a shared folder on computer A (Win Server 2003). I am now trying to map a drive letter *FOR* this same machine (Win Server 2003, computer A) to this shared folder...which exists on itself.

Actually I am using storage software to map this drive, I am not mapping through windows. I am mapping through storage product. Actually that software maps this shared folder which is created in Win Server 2003. As the OS here is Win Server 2003 only, I m not getting why this mapped drive shown as Disconnected. I am able to access contents inside it.

And I am able to map a drive from computer B (which is a different Win Server 2003 machine) to the windows share on computer A. I am able to browse to the share on computer A from computer B, as these machines are in the same domain in the network. But after mapping that drive in computer B showed as Disconnected in windows explorer, why?

“The drive is shown as Disconnected Network Drive because it's mapped by a background service (Windows Server Mapping Service), so it's not a regular mapped drive”. Is it something like this? If Yes, how to avoid this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Suhas

Ask a Question