Disabling Windows Messenger

G

Hello All (and Jonathan if you're out there)
I have disabled Windows Messenger using the preferences option of the tools menu, however I remember reading something else about disabling it using a Run command and then drilling down into some folders and around Microsoft and then Disabling Windows messenger from there. Do you know what I'm talking about? I say this because I think that Windows Messenger is still running in the background even with the "don't logon" button checked. Everytime I log into MSN it gives me the message that i'm being logged out from a different location, which would imply that Windows Messenger is still logging in. Any thoughts

Jarett

G

Hi Jarett, i have had the EXACT same problem. Don't know about the run solution ... i've managed to disable my windows messenger so that it doesn't start up when outlook express begins .. ( i think i did this via user accounts, Computer Administrater, Manage My Network Passwords, then remove the .NET account.) however, i still have the windows messenger icon (crossed) at the bottom right of my screen.... which annoys me

Cheers

Mother

W

Walt

I tried that, and I get a popup asking me to insert the
CD labeled "Messenger".

What CD? My XP didn't come with a CD specifically labeled
"Messenger", as XP is now asking for. :(

Ask a Question