Disabling BIOS caching and shadowing

Reaction score
When i enter one of my games World of Warcraft, ive read many peoples complaints about this with other programs, a blue screen comes up and says this..
A problem has occurred and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer : "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

It tells me to disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing and i went to the advanced BIOS options and the option was not there.

At the bottom where it says technical information it says...

STOP 0x00000004, 0x0000001c, 0x00000001, 0x804E1476

Begginning dump of physical memory
Physical Memory dump complete
---
My system specs :

Microsoft Windows XP
2002, Service pack 2

Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
1 gig of ram
------------------

I gave basically as much information as i could, i would greatly appreciate someone helping me. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
mikeyg993 said:
When i enter one of my games World of Warcraft, ive read many peoples complaints about this with other programs, a blue screen comes up and says this..
A problem has occurred and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer : "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

It tells me to disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing and i went to the advanced BIOS options and the option was not there.

At the bottom where it says technical information it says...

STOP 0x00000004, 0x0000001c, 0x00000001, 0x804E1476

Begginning dump of physical memory
Physical Memory dump complete
------------------

I gave basically as much information as i could, i would greatly appreciate someone helping me. Thanks :)

HI and welcome to the forum.....System specs would help to...

Reaction score
My system specs :

Microsoft Windows XP
2002, Service pack 2

Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
1 gig of ram

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

That error message is usually associated with a buggy device driver, system service, or BIOS ... Make sure you have the latest game updates & Video & Sound drivers and check windows update for the latest updates.

:user:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
I think this is a display driver problem.

Ask a Question