    apply when I am logging on locally but when I try to change the settings in
    gpedit.msc, everything is disabled. Is there anyway I can disable the domain
    policies when I'm logging in locally?

    Guest, Jul 4, 2007

    Malke Guest

    leesakf wrote:
    > I'm running XP SP2 on my home laptop and it has been joined to my work domain
    > so I can do work from home. I don't want the domain security policies to
    > apply when I am logging on locally but when I try to change the settings in
    > gpedit.msc, everything is disabled. Is there anyway I can disable the domain
    > policies when I'm logging in locally?

    There normally are no local user accounts created on a domain
    workstation. It is a security risk. You should speak to your IT Dept.
    about what you wish to do at home that you can't do because of Group
    Policy restrictions. A better alternative would be for you to use a
    different non-domain member computer for personal work.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com