DISABLE AUTO CONVERT FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Kevin B

Click TOOLS in the menu and then select OPTIONS. In the OPTIONS dialog box,
click the EDIT tab and on the right is a series of check boxes, the 3rd one
is SHOW PASTE OPTIONS BUTTONS. Click this check box to turn it on, click OK
to exit the dialog box. Now when you paste data into a worksheet the PASTE
OPTIONS button appears. Clicking this button gives you a menu of what and
how you want to paste.

John3005

When you copy paste in excel 2003 it auto converts to date or number etc i
dont want this. HELP!

Jim Thomlinson

Are you copying within XL or are you copying from an external application.
What is the format of the data you are copying. An example and a few more
details would really help...

John3005

Copying table from internet explorer and pasting to excel. I like it quick
and easy no need to use import menu and waste time, but it does mees it up
sometimes with auto convertion to other format.

e.g. type "6.30" in notepad and copy paste to excel it will convert to
"june.30".