AMD 965 3.40ghz C3 CPU

Gkill 4gb 1600mhz DDR3 ram

Samsung 400gb hdd

Corsair PSU 620w

ATI 5850 GFX Card.

Antec three hundred case.

Windows 7 Home Premuim 64bit

Creative Sound Blaster XI Gamer Sound Card

When exiting Dirt 2 it will crash and say Dirt2 executable stopped working. I have delete the hardware settings and let it recreate these, I have also installed all the latest drivers BIOS as well. And it still happens was wondering if anyone is having this issue on here with this game at all and if they are did they find a fix for it? It only seems to be happening in this game. I have all the updates for the game as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have any more details on the crash from Event Viewer? It may give you a faulting module/dll or provide an error code. :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Do you have any more details on the crash from Event Viewer? It may give you a faulting module/dll or provide an error code. :)

Hi Ian,

I have checked Event Viewer and this is what its displaying does it point to anything? I have checked the windows 7 action centre but there is nothing in there on how to solve it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 252

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any extra information provided :(.

From what I can tell via Google, lots of others are having a similar problem and blame it on the Windows Live components. Some have also reported some success running the game in compatibility mode for XP (and ticking the run as admin box on the same tab). Might be worth a shot. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That error message quotes Dirt 2 as being V1.1 whereas the patch is V1.2.

Probably not relevant but thought I'd mention it.

Reaction score
Hi

Ian

Thanks for your reply I'll try running it in XP compatibility mode, I will also have a look at the windows live components and see if there is any updates for that.

Flopps,

Thanks for your reply. I noticed this last night that it said v1.1 I dont know why this is becasue the patch did install properly any ideas? The only thing I can think of is that the dirt 2 exe application on cd is v1.1 and not v1.2 but I cant find any files anywhere I would have thought that patch would have replaced this during the installtion?

Thanks for your help and any more ideas welcome.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Retail or Steam? Am guessing retail. If it an issue try a reinstall and re download the patch?

FWIW, my Dirt 2 via Steam has been fine.

I do hope your running in DX11, it looks the biz. :D

Reaction score
V_R said:
Retail or Steam? Am guessing retail. If it an issue try a reinstall and re download the patch?

FWIW, my Dirt 2 via Steam has been fine.

I do hope your running in DX11, it looks the biz. :D

Hi V_R,

Thanks for your reply.

Yep it's retail, I have reinstalled it and patched it and it still happens. Gonna try xp compatability mode next. BTW DX11 is amazing cant wait until other games start supporting this. :)

Ask a Question