DirectX 9.0a and keyboard mapping error.

DM

I've developed an error in my keyboard since installing
DirectX 9.0a. The arrow keys are mapped to "Left Shift" as
well as the arrows themselves. I've run mapping programs
to test, and they all say the same thing. Secondly, it
only happens when Num Lock is activated. How do I get rid
of this problem?

Microsoft themselves seem impossable to contact with
anything involving Direct X. So I have to use this
newsgroup for help.

Jimmy S.

Hi DMage,

You said " Microsoft themselves seem impossible to contact with
anything involving Direct X", but have you tried the DX Newsgroups?
I see DX product managers answering posts there regularly. :)

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| I've developed an error in my keyboard since installing
| DirectX 9.0a. The arrow keys are mapped to "Left Shift" as
| well as the arrows themselves. I've run mapping programs
| to test, and they all say the same thing. Secondly, it
| only happens when Num Lock is activated. How do I get rid
| of this problem?
|
| Microsoft themselves seem impossable to contact with
| anything involving Direct X. So I have to use this
| newsgroup for help.

DM

I've not been able ot FIND said newsgroups. The Microsoft
site is and has always been a demonstration on how NOT to
build a web page.

Chris H.

It would be a whole lot more simple if you use Outlook Express (or some
other news reader) instead of the web-based interface. You can see all the
Microsoft newsgroups on their news server, msnews.microsoft.com . It is a
free, no-password, no-logon news server available to everyone.

Once you have OE set up for the news server, it will automatically download
the listing of all the groups. Just type "directx" without the quotes in
the search line, and you'll be able to just view, or actually subscribe to
any of those groups. If you have problems setting up OE, just look in the
Help section.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

DM said:
I've not been able ot FIND said newsgroups. The Microsoft
site is and has always been a demonstration on how NOT to
build a web page.
You said " Microsoft themselves seem impossible to contact with
anything involving Direct X", but have you tried the DX Newsgroups?
I see DX product managers answering posts there regularly. :)

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| I've developed an error in my keyboard since installing
| DirectX 9.0a. The arrow keys are mapped to "Left Shift" as
| well as the arrows themselves. I've run mapping programs
| to test, and they all say the same thing. Secondly, it
| only happens when Num Lock is activated. How do I get rid
| of this problem?
|
| Microsoft themselves seem impossable to contact with
| anything involving Direct X. So I have to use this
| newsgroup for help.

.

Jimmy S.

Glad to be of service! :)

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message | Hi DMage,

| You said " Microsoft themselves seem impossible to contact with
| anything involving Direct X", but have you tried the DX Newsgroups?
| I see DX product managers answering posts there regularly. :)
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Jimmy S.
|
| Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
| Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
| Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
|
| | I've developed an error in my keyboard since installing
| | DirectX 9.0a. The arrow keys are mapped to "Left Shift" as
| | well as the arrows themselves. I've run mapping programs
| | to test, and they all say the same thing. Secondly, it
| | only happens when Num Lock is activated. How do I get rid
| | of this problem?
| |