Windows Vista Directed to Spanish Versions of websites

Reaction score
First off..

I live in Queens, NY
I use AVG Anti Virus
I have cable internet
if I forgot something, sorry...

So about 2 weeks ago.. google.com loads as google.es

At first I thought it was just a mistake..and then it kept doing it and then my myspace pages were in spanish and then my fox.com didn't work due to 'not being a US resident'...

I asked all my computer friends, I checked all my computer and internet settings, I checked my IP, released, renewed over night, unplugged everything.

I ran Virus scans, spyware scans, i called Time Warner my cable internet provider (once again they had no clue about anything) and I called Toshiba support with a very amused outsourced guy hooked up to a voice machine who was eager to help although they don't support because it was 'interesting'.

So last thursday, I reformat. None of the scans showed anything, everyone told me it was my IP routing from the wrong place, my internet company said nothing was wrong and yeah.

Btw, I bought the laptop new in June.

So all has been well since the reformat, and although I hadn't installed avg again, i had windows defender going and i haven't had my computer on much in the last week..so this evening...google.es shows up again.. facebook ads and myspace ads are in spanish...

I am at my wits end.. scans show nothing, no one seems to know whats going on, no one has ever heard of it.. please
please please please someone out there in PC Review land, help me solve this annnoying irritating Connundrum... i wouldn't care if I read Spanish, but I don't.

Thanks
Jess Jess

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks, I've done that probably 50 times, it points to queens NY, North America. The first time it happened none of those sites would give me a region but that's why I checked again.

This is also why I think it might be a virus, but I don't understand how it found me again so soon. I honestly Don't go to that many websites in general.

I won't be able to check this until tonight, any other ideas are greatly appreciated.. otherwise I guess I'll have to bring it in.

Jess

Ask a Question