From: "Jim Matthews" <[email protected]>
Subject: DHCP question
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 07:05:27 -0600

How does one "release" all leases without going to each workstation ?

I tried deleting them, but the "cache" on each workstation just established
them again.

I have a particular problem in that I set up my RAS server to use DHCP and
asked for 10 ports - this caused DHCP to assign 10 addresses to the RAS
server (though not "reserved").

I have now reduced the number to 5 - but it is still "holding" 10.

Any help ?

Thanks in advance

__
Danny Slye
Microsoft Support Professional
MCSE

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!

Jim Matthews

Thanks, Danny - that mystery is solved !!

Danny Slye - [MSFT} said:
A RAS server configured to use DHCP will always grab 10 addresses at a
time. This is "by design". You can configure a static pool of 5 addresses
and exclude them from the DHCP scope as a workaround.