DFP to VGA...is it possible?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just got myself an lcd panel that runs on a special dfp video card (old style dvi connector I hear), and would like to connect the panel to my analog video card. Does anyone know if this is at all possible?
I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Lou

Reaction score

Thanks forthe tip, and for the welcome. However, I had no luck with a connector that specifically goes from vga to dfp ( and/or vice-versa). I was hoping to find some wiring schematic to help me achieve this.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
neme said:
Thanks forthe tip, and for the welcome. However, I had no luck with a connector that specifically goes from vga to dfp ( and/or vice-versa). I was hoping to find some wiring schematic to help me achieve this.
You'll have a hard job finding a 'converter' never mind a wiring diagram.

DFP (digital flat panel) are a breed of Mac/Sun offerings and will not easily convert to analogue ... if you do find a converter, it will more than likely cost more than a new TFT monitor.

;)

Oh, welcome to the Forums. :)

Reaction score
Is this the interface by any chance?

1 Ground

2 V Sync

3 Sense 2

4 Sense Ground

5 Composite Sync

6 H Sync

7 Ground

8 Sense 1

9 Sense 0

10 Composite Ground

A1 RED A2 GREEN A3 BLUE

Courtesy of Tomi Engdahl

Attachments

• clip_image002.gif
    clip_image002.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 560
  • Monitor.pdf
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,133
Last edited:
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for your help. If I get any results I'll post.

Thanks again,

Lou

Reaction score
Sorry,TriplexDread!

TriplexDread said:
Erm so is that the interface or what?
I haven't had the time to test it yet, but it doesn't look like it is, because the DFP connector I have isn't the same shown in the document. However, even if doesn't work, I will keep this doc. It's a great source of information. Will let you know though.

Thanks a lot.

Lou

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok m8 cheers

Tomi is a very clever guy. You would do well to keep that doc to hand, indeed so would everyone else who reads this thread. It leads to other interesting stuff to do with electronics aswell

Ask a Question