    Help, please.
    --
    Cheers! Fred

    Guest, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Hi Fred,

    You may want to also post this in the Word International Features
    group (link below).

    =======
    <<"Fred Snodgrass" <> wrote in message
    MS Word 2003 provides an elegant Devanagari font, but I cannot find any
    provision for conjoint consonants in either Hindi or Sanskrit.

    What is the practice in typing Hindi in today's India? Two separate
    consonants with viram (or virama) after the first one? Surely not!

    I hope I won't have to purchase a third party word package.

    Help, please.
    --
    Cheers! Fred>>
    --

    A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
    or via browser:
    http://microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/?dg=microsoft.public.word.international.features

    B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
    http://microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx
    or
    Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader

    Bob Buckland ?:-\), Jun 27, 2005

    Bob

    Thank you for your suggestion, which I shall follow.

    This is my first foray into Discussion Groups: I was a trifle surprised at
    the comment ' *courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends8'. I am
    truly sorry if you found my query discourteous.
    --
    Cheers! Fred

    Guest, Jun 27, 2005
  4. That "comment" is part of Bob's signature. It appears on every post. I
    always assumed it was his philosophy and an admonition to himself, not to
    others.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    > Bob
    >
    > Thank you for your suggestion, which I shall follow.
    >
    > This is my first foray into Discussion Groups: I was a trifle surprised at
    > the comment ' *courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends8'. I

    am
    > truly sorry if you found my query discourteous.
    > --
    > Cheers! Fred
    >

    > "Bob Buckland ?:)" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Fred,
    > >
    > > You may want to also post this in the Word International Features
    > > group (link below).
    > >
    > > =======
    > > <<"Fred Snodgrass" <> wrote in

    message