Detect a click on disabled area.

Empi

Hi,

I need to detect a click on a disabled area.
I have a screen that sometimes has a messagebox on top of it.
If nothing is done, my software is entering a standby mode.
Any click in standby mode should wake up the system.
The problem is that if a message box appear it gets the focus, and clicks
outside of it are "disabled"'.
I want to detect such clicks and get out of standby mode (turn on the light
and BT etc.).

Thanks.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

This seems like something that should be handled by the operating
system-level code, not by an application. This is a device that you build
the OS for? If not, tell us how you're turning everything off. It might
help us figure out what to suggest...

Paul T.

Empi

Well. Thanks.

My program detect a period of x seconds with noi activity, dissconnect from
a remote device and turn off the bluetooth and lights.
When a keypress (screen touch) is detected - lights and BT are turned on,
communication is recovered and the GUI wakup.
The problem is that sometimes the user gets an informative messagebox.
This messagebox might stay on screen when I move to standby mode.
In this case, the application doesn't get the "keypress / mouse click" evets
because the focus is on the messagebox
that locks all other interface.

I'm looking for a way to detect the click even though the messagebox is
there.
My current direction is to generate my own "messagebox" class, and then -
easiliy hide it / do whatever I want with it.
(Ok. almost whatever I want).

Thanks.

Empi

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

The operating system handles that exact set of things and you don't have to
worry about a message box or anything else being up, since the OS is able to
see what's happening at the driver level from the touchscreen. I don't see
the reason for you to take over, rather than allowing it to handle shutting
things down and turning them back on. Again, this is a custom device or a
standard device like Pocket PC or Smart Phone?

Paul T.