Desktop internet shortcut

G

Using Internet Explorer, I went to a website that I frequent. Since I use this one daily, I did the "Send > Shortcut to Desktop" option so that I could simply click that shortcut to get to this site. However, this shortcut will use whatever my default browser program is set to. I would like to always use IE for this shortcut (since this site requires it), but set my default brower to a different one. It worked fine prior to a hard drive crash but now I can't get it to behave like it did previously. I'm quite sure I didn't do anything special, it just worked and I was happy. Is there a way to tell this specific desktop shortcut to use IE while leaving my default browser set to something else

Thanks
B

M

Maureen Goldman

BW said:
Using Internet Explorer, I went to a website that I frequent. Since I use this one daily, I did the "Send > Shortcut to Desktop" option so that I could simply click that shortcut to get to this site. However, this shortcut will use whatever my default browser program is set to. I would like to always use IE for this shortcut (since this site requires it), but set my default brower to a different one. It worked fine prior to a hard drive crash but now I can't get it to behave like it did previously. I'm quite sure I didn't do anything special, it just worked and I was happy. Is there a way to tell this specific desktop shortcut to use IE while leaving my default browser set to something else?

Here's a sample target line for a desktop shortcut
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" www.puzzleblog.com

Ask a Question