WebGod

I have a question, and would be very grateful to whomever could help
me. I go to click on any desktop folder and all of the icons and
taksbar dissapear for a few seconds, just the wallpaper shows, then it
just all comes back and nothing happens. The only way I can actually
open anything is to go to RUN and browse for what I am looking for and
do it that way. Any ideas? Thank you!

G

I have the exact same problem. I even re-installed windows and it did not work. Not a good move as I can't so system restore now. Please let me know if you get the answer. I am now in safe mode trying different things. My e-mail is (e-mail address removed)

G

hey guys..seems alot are in the same boat,reloading windows should have worked but try thi
(with xp no scan disc so...
start, then go to "run",type in sfc /scannow (note the space between c and / required
i ran this and found the whole dll cache missing just need a xp pro disc to reload i hop
if you still have your discs you should be okay

G

try thi

here is your solution right click on internet explorer --click on properties --click on advanced -- under browsing u have an option called "enable 3rd party browser extensions " . uncheck that .click on apply .it should work , if u cannot do it in normal mode try to go to safe mode , open internet explorer , click on tools -- internet options --advanced --uncheck "enable 3rd party browser extensions " . it should work now . this soln was provided by my collegue laxmi . happy troubleshooting

Ask a Question