    I don't have months to learn how to use it

    Thanks

    Brad Dalton

    brad, Feb 1, 2010

  2. brad

    Lynn Trapp Guest

    Create a brand new blank database. Then import all objects from the Northwind
    database into yours. On the import objects screen for tables make sure that
    you import "definition only."

    --
    Lynn Trapp
    MCP, MOS, MCAS

    Lynn Trapp, Feb 1, 2010

  3. I have been working with the Northwind Trader database extensively and find
    it is the most inflexible template to work with. Some things I have found
    related to your first response.

    After you have downloaded the template, open it and resave it so it has the
    Access extension and not the template extension. Otherwise you may not be
    able to import from the Northwind database to your new database. I had this
    problem.

    I have found that importing existing data into this database is a major
    headache because I have to make sure my fields match Northwinds fields or
    modify NW's fields to match mine which is very time consuming. I still get
    numerous errors from that. Then the queries, forms, etc. have to be
    modified. Also time consuming.

    The entire template thing in Access 2007 stinks. I liked it better in
    earlier versions where you could select what you wanted in your database
    using a template and go from there. Now the entire program depends on
    whatever templates are available and as far as a full business database there
    is only Northwinds.

    I'm finding that it is easier to just build your own from scratch then have
    Access check it for you. Some tables need splitting, but I recommend not
    letting Access do it because it messes things up.

    I'm no expert on Access, but have been using it since the first version and
    nothing else out there comes close to it which is why I'm still using it.

    William Boswell, Feb 1, 2010
  4. brad

    Steve Guest

    Hello Brad,

    I would like to offer to build a database like Northwindtraders for you for
    your business. I can build it quickly and make it specific for your
    business. If you have data in an existing spreadsheet, I could also import
    that data into the new database. My fee would be very reasonable. I provide
    help with Access, Excel and Word applications. If you are interested,
    contact me.

    Steve

    Steve, Feb 1, 2010
  5. Re: Deleting Data in Sample database Northwind traders - stevie is pimping AGAIN!

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Brad,
    >
    > I would like to offer to build a database like Northwindtraders for you
    > for your business. I can build it quickly and make it specific for your
    > business. If you have data in an existing spreadsheet, I could also import
    > that data into the new database. My fee would be very reasonable. I
    > provide help with Access, Excel and Word applications. If you are
    > interested, contact me.
    >
    > Steve

    Stevie is our own personal pet troll who is the only one who does not
    understand the concept of FREE peer to peer support!

    These newsgroups are provided by Microsoft for FREE peer to peer support.
    There are many highly qualified individuals who gladly help for free. Stevie
    is not one of them, but he is the only one who just does not get the idea of
    "FREE" support. He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices. If he
    was any good, the "thousands" of people he claims to have helped would be
    flooding him with work, but there appears to be a continuous drought and he
    needs to constantly grovel for work.

    John... Visio MVP

    John... Visio MVP, Feb 1, 2010