    None of my email in this folder can be deleted, I get a message that an
    unknown error has occurred when I try to delete one at a time. When I try to
    empty the whole folder nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated

    Guest, Sep 14, 2007

    This excat same thing happens to me and it is really annoying.

    Guest, Sep 14, 2007
  4. The fix has been posted here numerous times. All you need to
    do is invest a few minutes in reading the responses.
    Microsoft's fix:
    "Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
    computer that is running Windows Vista."

    Although Outbox is the only folder mentioned, in fact it works with all folders.

    Gary VanderMolen

    Gary VanderMolen, Sep 14, 2007

    Gary I have used the fix and the messages disappeared, excellent stuff! Thanks

    Guest, Sep 15, 2007
  6. You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

    Gary VanderMolen

    Gary VanderMolen, Sep 15, 2007
  7. "Carol" <> wrote in message
    > None of my email in this folder can be deleted, I get a message that an
    > unknown error has occurred when I try to delete one at a time. When I try
    > empty the whole folder nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated

    Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a computer
    that is running Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090
    It also works on other folders.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
    Do not send mail.

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM, Sep 19, 2007

    I just would like to say I am very thankful for that website for help. I
    downloaded the 32 and everything is working now. I had not only the deleted
    emails that I could not delete, but it also invaded my inbox and junk
    folder, with that message about an error. Now we are emptying the deleted
    file again and I am so happy.

    Donna

    Guest, Nov 17, 2007

    anand Guest

    i also facing the same problem in window mail - i cannot delete messages from
    my deleted folder - erroe message "unknown error"

    awaitign yr advice.

    best regards,

    anand jeloka

    anand, Jan 8, 2008
  10. To solve the stuck message problem, use this Microsoft fix:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941090

    Although it only mentions Outbox, in fact it will remove stuck
    messages from any folder.
    --
    Gary VanderMolen (MS-MVP WLM)

    Gary VanderMolen, Jan 8, 2008

    Julie Guest

    I have this exact same problem, has anyone been able to help?

    Julie, Jan 14, 2008

    "Julie" <> wrote in message
    >I have this exact same problem, has anyone been able to help?
    >
    > "Carol" wrote:
    >
    >> None of my email in this folder can be deleted, I get a message that an
    >> unknown error has occurred when I try to delete one at a time. When I try
    >> empty the whole folder nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated

    Download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not running:

    Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
    other folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or
    the 64-bit version, try the 32-bit version first. Certain common
    antivirus programs, such as most of those from Norton or McAfee,
    or a recent one from Trend, tend to cause such problems, although
    seldom immediately, so if you have such a program, remember
    where to find the fix - you are likely to need it again.

    Guest, Jan 14, 2008
  13. Xna wrote:

    I have the same problem except that it is not all email but a certain few.

    xnamicrosoftwindowsproblemfixes, Mar 22, 2008

    petera Guest

    petera, Oct 11, 2008

    loser 4 Guest

    loser 4, Nov 20, 2008

    rwalkr Guest

    I cannot install this update. it says it is not available for my system. 32
    or 64 do not work.

    rwalkr, May 8, 2009
  17. I don't see your description of the problem you are having with Windows Mail.
    Assuming it is an inability to delete messages:
    Try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program:
    http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

    If no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
    http://download.live.com/wlmail

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen, May 8, 2009

    Woody Guest

    Please take a deep breath and them explain the problem you are having in
    unabbreviated sentences. If it is not a windows mail problem try to post in
    the correct group for your problem.

    Woody, May 9, 2009

    Maria Guest

    Maria, Sep 12, 2010