Defender/Spywareblaster 4.1

CE

For the 1st time this morning when running a Defender quick scan the
following was reported:

"Category:
Trojan

This program is dangerous and exploits the computer on which it is run.

Advice:
Remove this software immediately.

Resources:
regkey:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\SpywareBlaster_is1

uninstall:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\SpywareBlaster_is1

file:
C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster\spywareblaster.exe"

When Defender removed the offending software, it in effect removed
Spywareblaster. I reinstalled Spywareblaster but immediately received from
Defender the same warning.

Has anyone else had this problem and to whom should it be reported.

CE

Thanks Bill. The problem was corrected by Microsoft last evening with
definitions version 1.35.628.0

Bill Sanderson

Excellent - Microsoft has a good record of fixing these things pretty
quickly--glad to see it continues.

benoit

Hello,

why have i not the last update 628 when i click search update ?
it say no new update and i leave on 563 !

Bill Sanderson

CE has the right answer.

Definitions for Windows Defender and other Microsoft products which use the
same definition sets are produced frequently.

However, not all definition sets are pushed out to all users. This
operation has significant time and bandwidth considerations.

If you want the most current definition set--go to the Security Portal as
posted by CE.

I would only worry about this if I ware about to scan a system I suspected
to be infected, and perhaps with something new.

benoit

thanks to CE and you

Bill Sanderson said:
CE has the right answer.

Definitions for Windows Defender and other Microsoft products which use the
same definition sets are produced frequently.

However, not all definition sets are pushed out to all users. This
operation has significant time and bandwidth considerations.

If you want the most current definition set--go to the Security Portal as
posted by CE.

I would only worry about this if I ware about to scan a system I suspected
to be infected, and perhaps with something new.

defender/spywareblaster 4.1 (tymi help!)

I am having the same problem with my computer, the sceen identifies software
called Antivirus 2006 and offer to remove something called Malware or
tracking cookies for 60.00 and asks for credit card information. I think it
is an attempt to sell something to me. It will not allow me access to my
clearwire internet. I use this for work and to look for other work. Please
help.

Bill Sanderson

Have you installed Microsoft Windows Defender, and used it to scan your
system?

Does it identify a problem--and if so, does it succeed in removing it?

www.microsoft.com/defender

click get it now

click continue, do the validation steps, and click download.

If Windows Defender identifies a problem but does not seem to succeed in
removing it, please restart your machine in Safe mode, and do a new scan and
removal attempt in Safe mode.

"defender/spywareblaster 4.1 (tymi help!)" <defender/spywareblaster 4.1