default home page

mpharris

I'm having the same problem as toad in not being able to
set my home page to what I want. I also have tried going
thru Tools on IE/ Internet Options and also going thru My
Computer/Control Panel/Internet Options and enter the
address of the site I want to use as my home page but all
to no avail. When I'm signing off, the message appears
asking me if I want the new site as my home page but when
I sign back on, the page I'm trying to get rid of still
comes back as my home page. I have been having this
problem for over two weeks now and it is very
frustrating. In addition, I have tried deleting from my
favorites list three sites. I choose "yes to the delete
bin", then empty my wastebasket but these sites still
reappear when I sign back on. Can someone please help me?
Can you email me at (e-mail address removed) with some
solutions. I'm desperate for some help. Thanks!

I'm having the same problem as toad in not being able to
set my home page to what I want. I also have tried going
thru Tools on IE/ Internet Options and also going thru My
Computer/Control Panel/Internet Options and enter the
address of the site I want to use as my home page but all
to no avail. When I'm signing off, the message appears
asking me if I want the new site as my home page but when
I sign back on, the page I'm trying to get rid of still
comes back as my home page. I have been having this
problem for over two weeks now and it is very
frustrating. In addition, I have tried deleting from my
favorites list three sites. I choose "yes to the delete
bin", then empty my wastebasket but these sites still
reappear when I sign back on. Can someone please help me?
Can you email me at (e-mail address removed) with some
solutions. I'm desperate for some help. Thanks!
.
NO I CAN'T E MAIL YOU!Got too many viruses that way,get
ad aware free from
http://www.webattack.com/get/adaware.shtml
FREE to a good home.get it check for updates with it and
run it,remove spyware,reset your homepage walla your done

Don Varnau

You have a spyware / parasite problem.

I would download and run, in this order:

CWShredder http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Then download, install, *update* and run both of these programs:
Ad-aware from http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/
Spybot from http://security.kolla.de/ (Remove items listed in red-others are
optional.)
Both programs should be updated after installation- before use.

Additional information, including security tips, at:
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.