Debugging Runtime Error

G

I frequently receive a "runtime error" message asking if I want to debug. I have no idea what this means or how to do it. When I click "yes" I am taken to a script page but I haven't the slightest idea what to do. Today when I wanted to print some info from the internet and also a message in OE, the "runtime error' debug message came on and would not let me print even though I opted to not debug. I have gone in to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced and unchecked the "disable script debugging", but it comes up in a different message form, but with the same options as the prior error messages. What is happening? How can I correct it? I'll appreciate any info anyone can give. Thanks! Richard

L

Lance Joiner

You need to check disable script debugging and uncheck display a
notification about every script error.

Richard said:
I frequently receive a "runtime error" message asking if I want to debug.
I have no idea what this means or how to do it. When I click "yes" I am
taken to a script page but I haven't the slightest idea what to do. Today
when I wanted to print some info from the internet and also a message in OE,
the "runtime error' debug message came on and would not let me print even
though I opted to not debug. I have gone in to Tools, Internet Options,
Advanced and unchecked the "disable script debugging", but it comes up in a
different message form, but with the same options as the prior error
messages. What is happening? How can I correct it? I'll appreciate any
info anyone can give. Thanks! Richard

G

Thanks, Wes! My search cannot locate "c:\program files\surfaity\uninstall.exe" on my computer. I ran it several times and the closest I got to it was that "it may have been moved to a different location or is a protected file. I did go into IE, tools, internet options, advanced and unchecked "Enable third-party browser extensions." Hwever, none of this helped. Perhaps I should uninstall IE and reinstall it again. Richar

----- Wesley Vogel wrote: ----

Richard

See if this applies
Cannot Print in Internet Explorer if Surfairy Is Installe
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=81116

G

Thanks, Wes! I uninstalled IE and reinstalled it. I went to Tools,Internet Options,Advanced and selected the default settings. That seems to have solved the problem. You've been very helpful. Thanks Again! Richard

Ask a Question