Debugger is not properly installed

N. Okan Guney

Hi,

When attempting to debug a project on a remote server, I get the error
message :

"Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web
server. the debugger is not properly installed. Run setup to install or
repair the debugger."

I went through the steps described in the help for this error and also run :

c:\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotnetfx.exe /t:c:\temp
/c:"msiexec.exe /fvecms c:\temp\netfx.msi"

Still getting the same message. Debugging works when I debug a project
locally, but when I attempt to debug a project on the remote server it fails
with the above message.

I also get the message in System Event log each time I try to debug the
remote project.

DCOM got error "Class not registered " from the computer ts01 when
attempting to activate the server: {73B25FFD-F501-437B-8B11-7F0DE383964F}

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]

Hi,

I once got a similar error, but the error message also suggested to register
some object.

It COULD be Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\vs7jit.exe
/regserver

but I am not sure really.

N. Okan Guney

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately there is no such file in that path :(

Okan

Matteo Taveggia [MSFT]

Hi Okan,
what are you trying to debug on the remote machine?What OS do you have on the remote machine?

And, most important, did you set up the remote debugging components on the remote machine?

Did you take a look at RemoteComponents.htm file that comes with your VS CD?

Hope it helps.
-Matteo

From: "N. Okan Guney" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Debugger is not properly installed
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:03:22 -0500
Thanks for the reply,

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.