DDR3 on the way

VanShania

Maximum PC says DDR3 is on the way next summer, which will require new
motherboard and ram again. My opinion is it won't be mainstream in MBs or
RAM till 2008. I would say anyone with a 939 system stay put till then.
Flash the bios and put a 4200 dual core in, be happy.

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb Dual Channel OCZ
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT

Merrill P. L. Worthington

VanShania said:
Maximum PC says DDR3 is on the way next summer, which will require new
motherboard and ram again. My opinion is it won't be mainstream in MBs or
RAM till 2008. I would say anyone with a 939 system stay put till then.
Flash the bios and put a 4200 dual core in, be happy.

If you can still find a 4200 X2 cheap anymore.

SteveH

VanShania said:
Maximum PC says DDR3 is on the way next summer, which will require new
motherboard and ram again. My opinion is it won't be mainstream in MBs or
RAM till 2008. I would say anyone with a 939 system stay put till then.
Flash the bios and put a 4200 dual core in, be happy.

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.
No such thing as Bad Kids. Only Bad Parents.
Friends don't turn friends on to drugs.
The path often thought about and sometimes chosen by abused children as
adults is Suicide. Be a real friend.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb Dual Channel OCZ
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT
Do you think your sig line(s) is big enough, or should you make it a bit
bigger?

Timothy Daniels

Your sig line is bigger than your posting. Please put it in a webpage
to spare Usenet and the Google archives. And cross-posting your
opinioned guess to 4 or 5 newsgroups is pure vanity.

*TimDaniels*

CBFalconer

SteveH said:
Do you think your sig line(s) is big enough, or should you make it
a bit bigger?

Another thing he might consider is expanding the cross-post list.
Follow-ups set.

VanShania

what?

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.
No such thing as Bad Kids. Only Bad Parents.
Friends don't turn friends on to drugs.
The path often thought about and sometimes chosen by abused children as
adults is Suicide. Be a real friend.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb Dual Channel OCZ
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT

fda

Timothy said:
Your sig line is bigger than your posting. Please put it in a webpage
to spare Usenet and the Google archives.

Are you kidding or suggesting that Google programmers are not clever
enough to know what a shared file with associated reference counters -
as present in any Linux system since decades - means ?

Timothy Daniels

Are you kidding or just too stupid to realize postings with
multi-paragraph sig lines needlessly take up storage space?

*TimDaniels*

fda

Timothy said:
Are you kidding or just too stupid to realize postings with
multi-paragraph sig lines needlessly take up storage space?

Just learned enough to know that, correctly programmed; it takes 8
(eight) bytes of pointer per additional reference.

Which, at the (outrageously overestimated) cost of 100 ¤ par gigabyte,
amounts to something like 800 µ¤ (microeuros) once and for all.

Just to fix your ideas, you need to work a few milliseconds to earn
these 800µ¤. Much less time that what you need to type the
cross-references, not to consider the time wasted in explaining such
evident things to people who do not consider it evident.

Try to accept the facts : we are not in 1970 anymore.

John Doe

Whether the message was worth cross-posting I don't know, but the
original author's signature is too long IMO. It shows up in the
public USENET archive (Google Groups) and unnecessarily takes up
reading space.

Whatever this troll is babbling about.

Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 07:29:00 +0200
From: fda <armingaud gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: DDR3 on the way

Timothy said:
Your sig line is bigger than your posting. Please put it in a webpage
to spare Usenet and the Google archives.

Are you kidding or suggesting that Google programmers are not clever
enough to know what a shared file with associated reference counters -
as present in any Linux system since decades - means ?

John Doe

VanShania said:

I think the complaint was about your signature which is
exceptionally long and not related to the groups you crossposted to.

But you know that.

kony

Just learned enough to know that, correctly programmed; it takes 8
(eight) bytes of pointer per additional reference.

Which, at the (outrageously overestimated) cost of 100 € par gigabyte,
amounts to something like 800 µ€ (microeuros) once and for all.

Just to fix your ideas, you need to work a few milliseconds to earn
these 800µ€. Much less time that what you need to type the
cross-references, not to consider the time wasted in explaining such
evident things to people who do not consider it evident.

Try to accept the facts : we are not in 1970 anymore.

True, with today's ever increasing bloat everywhere, it's
even more important to not senselessly waste the space.

If you are slightly as clever with math as you think you
are, you will realize it's not 800 µ€, not a one-time event.

Try to accept the facts: you are not modern, senselessness
went out of style with the cave man.

Crispy Critter

Maximum PC says DDR3 is on the way next summer, which will require new
motherboard and ram again. My opinion is it won't be mainstream in MBs or
RAM till 2008. I would say anyone with a 939 system stay put till then.
Flash the bios and put a 4200 dual core in, be happy.

That's what I plan on doing but an overclcocked single core 3500+ is all I
need.

paulmd

fda said:
Just learned enough to know that, correctly programmed; it takes 8
(eight) bytes of pointer per additional reference.

Yay. You had exactly exactly c++ class. I can tell.

paulmd

kony said:
True, with today's ever increasing bloat everywhere, it's
even more important to not senselessly waste the space.

If you are slightly as clever with math as you think you
are, you will realize it's not 800 µ€, not a one-time event.

Try to accept the facts: you are not modern, senselessness
went out of style with the cave man.

Last time i looked, senselessness is perpetually in style. Alas.

David Ball

[snip]
Try to accept the facts: you are not modern, senselessness
went out of style with the cave man.

OT: senselessness..... One Word, "Politicians" :)

BTW, on a typical Usenet server, one copy of the text of the message
gets stored but entries are made in databases for each newsgroup plus
an entry for the message ID that tells where it is on disk. Also, some
servers cache headers for each group being read in a separate file for
fast access, so that means multiple copies of the headers in each
groups cache file. Usenet groups that no-one has read in a
configurable number of days don't have the header cache. OTOH,
especially for binary groups, Usenet admins prefer cross-posting to
the user posting a separate copy to each group. Some FAQs are heavily
cross-posted, usually either once a month or every 2 weeks. I've seen
servers that allow cross-posting to 12 groups kick out posts for being
cross-posted to more groups than 12. One word of warning, IIRC, some
major Usenet servers set the cross-post limit to 3 groups, so your
message won't be seen on those if it's posted to more than 3 groups.
Also, if 2 of the groups you cross-post to are moderated, it causes
all kinds of problems and some moderation software will automatically
refuse it. Even if you don't cross-post, but post with a munged email
address, some servers will be unable to send the post to the moderator
because their email program can tell the email address is invalid and
refuses to send it. Posts to moderated groups are emailed to the
moderation address for approval and actual posting to the group.

-- David (slightly rusty, part-time usenet admin on a small text only server)

VanShania

I got my 3500 OCed at 2.41 ghz at 1.5 volts and it appears stable. Ram at
2/1.83 to keep it at 400mhz. Your self?

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.
No such thing as Bad Kids. Only Bad Parents.
Friends don't turn friends on to drugs.
The path often thought about and sometimes chosen by abused children as
adults is Suicide. Be a real friend.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 Pro 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb Dual Ch OCZ Platinum
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT, Call of Duty War Chest