DDR Not Showing?

MikeW

I recently had a couple of upgrades put on my computer....not by me, I'm
only a novice. The upgrades are as follows,

1. AMD Athlon 1700 XP, upgraded to, AMD Athlon 2400 XP
2. 512 meg sdram, upgraded to, 512 DDR

Question.
When I go to System Properties it shows that the CPU has been upgraded
from 1700 to 2400 but it shows 512 MB of RAM, not 512 DDR as I would
have expected. Is this correct or have I been "ripped off"?

Any help would be appreciated

MikeW

Zoltan Fekete

Question.
When I go to System Properties it shows that the CPU has been upgraded
from 1700 to 2400 but it shows 512 MB of RAM, not 512 DDR as I would
have expected. Is this correct or have I been "ripped off"?

Any help would be appreciated

MikeW

It might be correct. You need to use a more sophisticated program to
determine the RAM type, as it will not show up in the system properties.

Personally, I recommend you try everest home edtition, it's free for
personal use, go to: http://www.lavalys.com

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

--
Zoltan Fekete <[email protected]>
Microsoft Certified Professional

YU Spin d.o.o. Novi Sad - http://www.yuspin.co.yu
NetSee Network Utility - http://yuspin.metrohive.net/netsee

JustMe

I would think that if the motherboard didn't support DDR memory then it
wouldn't boot.

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
Does your motherboard support DDR?

Bobby

MikeW

Zoltan Fekete said:
It might be correct. You need to use a more sophisticated program to
determine the RAM type, as it will not show up in the system properties.

Personally, I recommend you try everest home edtition, it's free for
personal use, go to: http://www.lavalys.com

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

--
Zoltan Fekete <[email protected]>
Microsoft Certified Professional

YU Spin d.o.o. Novi Sad - http://www.yuspin.co.yu
NetSee Network Utility - http://yuspin.metrohive.net/netsee

Hi Zoltan,

Did what you said and downloaded Everest Home Edition. Brilliant
program. It did in fact show that I have 512 DDR memory. Many thanks for
your help.

MikeW