DC when gaming sucks

Reaction score
Hi im after any advice

I play on Knight online and MU a lot but i always get disconnected regulally.

I have a shared Lan broadband conection.

I would like to no if there is any software available / or settings to stop me disconnecting all the time from my games.

pls help me guys

thanks x

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Your line would normally only disconnect if there is a problem. It may be that the other parties are using up too much bandwidth causing the game to disconnect?

Can you tell us a little bit more about the setup? Is the shared LAN broadband through a router?

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response
ok i live in a block of apartments, with shared broadband. There is a main router yes, Which is an industrial one that cost over £1000, ive been told it is capable of 24 computers, only 12 people connected at present. I dont have access to the router so cant alter the setting. I can only alter things from my wireless Lan connector.
I am using a "Belkin 54Mbps wirless USB Network Adapter"

Reaction score
I have just found this on another forum.

Can anyone varify this for me?

microsoft flaw is the problem.

It doesn't matter how strong your signal is, the Windows Zero Configuration Wireless program constantly searches for another wireless network no matter what, every time it refreshes its list of networks, it drops your internet connection.

Open up notepad, and type 3 text lines exactly as written below (or copy from this post)

@echo off
net stop WZCSVC
@echo on

save the file to your desktop or somewhere easily accessible, and name it stop.bat (you can name it whatever you want, as long as it ends with ".bat"

when you are connected to the network you want, click the stop.bat file, this will disable the ZCW program so that it won't drop your connection.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That could be possible, worth a shot!

Reaction score
Yes seems to work great ive been playing knight online for an hour now with out disconnection

Hope others can use this method

Ask a Question