Date/time format seting in Target Designer

A

Amund Glomsås

Hello!

I'm trying to find a way to change the Time Format and Short Date format
from what is default. In example I want yyyy-MM-dd.

Is there someone who can help me, or give me a hint, how I can do this in
Target Designer ?

Regards

Amund

K

KM

Amund,

Please take a look at the registry entries under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International] key.
You are probably interested in sLongDate/sShortDatevalues there. You can prepopulate/change the entries in TD or during FBA.

A

Amund Glomsås

I tried to make a component with these registry settings. But the result was
not what I wanted (no results at all). How can I set them trough FBA or any
components?

Regards

Amund

KM said:
Amund,

Please take a look at the registry entries under
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International] key.
You are probably interested in sLongDate/sShortDatevalues there. You can
prepopulate/change the entries in TD or during FBA.

--
=========
Regards,
KM

Amund Glomsås said:
Hello!

I'm trying to find a way to change the Time Format and Short Date format
from what is default. In example I want yyyy-MM-dd.

Is there someone who can help me, or give me a hint, how I can do this in
Target Designer ?

Regards

Amund

K

KM

Amund,

Most likely those settings getting reset during build time by some system locale related components.
You can verify that if you open pre-FBA .DEFAULT registry hive and check out the content of the [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control
Panel\International] registry key.

You can change that either manually in that registry hive, or set up the build phase for your component to very late number.
Another way to fix that would be to import .reg file during FBA (late phase) or after first user logon.
It is easy to automate with the use of utilities like reg.exe (/IMPORT) or regedit.exe (/S) and Automatic Logon setup.

--
=========
Regards,
KM

I tried to make a component with these registry settings. But the result was not what I wanted (no results at all). How can I set
them trough FBA or any components?

Regards

Amund

KM said:
Amund,

Please take a look at the registry entries under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International] key.
You are probably interested in sLongDate/sShortDatevalues there. You can prepopulate/change the entries in TD or during FBA.

--
=========
Regards,
KM

Amund Glomsås said:
Hello!

I'm trying to find a way to change the Time Format and Short Date format from what is default. In example I want yyyy-MM-dd.

Is there someone who can help me, or give me a hint, how I can do this in Target Designer ?

Regards

Amund

Ask a Question