Date Range in Header

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access Reports' started by lburgoyne, Apr 6, 2010.

  1. lburgoyne

    lburgoyne Guest

    I have a report that is based on a query that is using text fields from a form as begin date and end date parameters.

    This all works well.

    What I am trying to do is put a date range in the header of the report to reflect the values in the underlying query. Any ideas?

    Lou Burgoyne
    Keeper of the odd jobs.

    ---
    frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access.reports/

    lburgoyne, Apr 6, 2010

  2. lburgoyne

    John Spencer Guest

    You should be able to reference the controls on the form just as you reference
    them in the query.

    In a text control, set the source to
    =Forms!NameOfForm!NameOfControl

    You can use the format function to format the dates, so you might end up with

    = "FROM " & Format(Forms![MyParameterForm]![StartDate],"DD MMM YYYY") & " TO "
    & Format(Forms![MyParameterForm]![EndDate],"DD MMM YYYY")

    John Spencer
    Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
    The Hilltop Institute
    University of Maryland Baltimore County