    there is a 2.056 GB file called datastore.edb. What is
    this for? can it be deleted. It is eating the hard
    drive alive! TIA. Ron

    RH, Oct 4, 2004

  2. RH

    Rock Guest

    RH wrote:

    > Got a WinXP Pro workstation; member of a domain; not
    > using SUS. In C:\windows\software distribution\datastore
    > there is a 2.056 GB file called datastore.edb. What is
    > this for? can it be deleted. It is eating the hard
    > drive alive! TIA. Ron

    Are you sure it's GB, and not KB? Mine is 2056 KB. I believe it holds
    the list of installs from windows update.

    Rock, Oct 4, 2004
  3. RH

    RH Guest

    exactly right...2056KB=2.056 GB

    RH, Oct 5, 2004
  4. RH

    RH Guest

    Duh.....it's 2.05 MB not gigs. my bad

    RH, Oct 5, 2004
  5. RH

    Rock Guest

    RH wrote:

    > exactly right...2056KB=2.056 GB

    oops..lol

    Rock, Oct 6, 2004
  6. RH

    Ken Blake Guest

    In news:%,
    Rock <> typed:

    > RH wrote:
    >
    >> exactly right...2056KB=2.056 GB
    >>

    > oops..lol

    Well, not *exactly*. Actually 2056 KB = 2.0078125 MB or
    0.00196075439453125 GB. ;-)

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Ken Blake, Oct 6, 2004
  7. RH

    appell10

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Out of memory with 2MB of Ram and 120 GB of Rom

    My Datastore.edb file is eating up 67,592 Kb (about 68 MB!) and is slowing down my machine. Also the 290 MB of Uninstall files in windows isnt helping either--and by the way, how many i386 folders (in Service PacksFiles) are you supposed to have? I have one with 471 MB! and one with just 2.84 MB (its in a subfolder called ServicePackFiles / Cache). What is normal? and what is the point of these files? Dose someone know? There are other bizarre files with tons of memory in them too. I ran a My Faster PC program to eliminate files and make my machine go faster, didnt get much change and those files are sitll there.

    appell10, Nov 28, 2008