Windows Vista Data recovery

Reaction score
Data recovery after formatting hard drive

Hiya,
I have a compaq presario v6000 laptop, with OS (windows xp)windows media edition 2005, and Norton360 antivirus loaded onto it.Yesterday i received a prompt from norton 360 to close all the running programs to fix some high risk antisypware, which i did, after an hour or so i got another message from norton 360 to restart the system,once i restarted , it never let me log on and automatically started logging off, i tried to turn it off and on again and lastly pressed the F8 key which gave the option to enter safe mode or reebot, and i chose the reboot option. once done it started giving me some \SYSTEM32\CONFIG ERROR. and in order to repair it insert a windows xp cd,which i did, i tried it couple of time but it didnt detect the hard drive, one of my mates suggested me that the data might be lost and formatted the hard drive ,we tried loading xp but some driver was missing so we gave up ,instead he re installed windows vista business edition . My query is, if there is any possible way i can still be able to recover my files ,photos and documents which are very important to me, even after the format has been done and and vista installed instead of xp. Please help me with this query.

Many Thanks

Last edited:

Ask a Question