Data Access Page from a Form

dareblue

I'm trying to create a data access page from a form. I right click th
form and click 'save as'. I save the page To: Guests As: Data Acces
Page. I name the file Guests.asp and choose file type: Other HTML fil
(*.asp). I then get this error: "Microsoft Access is unable to creat
the data access page, The file does not exist, or you do not have rea
access to the file." What file is it talking about? I have rea
access to the form in the database. I have full control on the acces
db file. I have no other DAPages in the database, this would be th
first. What else can I do. I really need to create the DAP. Than
you for any information. David

Petrucci2000

David wrote:
--------------------
| From: dareblue <[email protected]>
| Subject: Data Access Page from a Form
| Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:44:46 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.forms

I'm trying to create a data access page from a form. I right click the
form and click 'save as'. I save the page To: Guests As: Data Access
Page. I name the file Guests.asp and choose file type: Other HTML file
(*.asp). I then get this error: "Microsoft Access is unable to create
the data access page, The file does not exist, or you do not have read
access to the file." What file is it talking about? I have read
access to the form in the database. I have full control on the access
db file. I have no other DAPages in the database, this would be the
first. What else can I do. I really need to create the DAP. Thank
you for any information. David.

Take a look at:
ACC2002: Error When You Save a Form or a Report as a Data Access Page
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293357

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."