Dare to challenge the deaf with this system?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I have always liked what Altec Lansing had to offer in terms of speaker packages and have used and recommended them to many. Their speakers in my opinion beat the competition in sound quality within a given price range.

Recently I have had the pleasure of acquiring some high-end keyboard and mouse for home as well as office use from Logitech, my impressions? Probably, one of the best keyboard and mice available at any price out there. They build quality products that are for those who are uncompromising or on the other hand finicky. I have also checked out some of the speakers offered by them and although was not in the market to get any, I had to appreciate their high standard of workmanship. The Z Line of their products received rave reviews and were considered one of the best in their price category.

Recently Logitech introduced their latest from the Z Line series of speakers and one of the models was very well reviewed at Tweaknews.net.

Only two or so years ago Logitech was more known for making quality speaker systems targeted towards the economical market and for basic computer audio capabilities associated with OEM computing. But not anymore.....
With the past release of their Z-series line of performance and mainstream two channel and surround speaker systems, Logitech has built up quite a consumer following who just love their quality, workmanship and surprising power contained within their reasonably priced audio products. In the past we had the opportunity of reviewing their systems and had a hard time constantly picking our jaws up off of the floor when we cranked the volume and the pictures started vibrating off of the wall.
I'm serious about this, their systems although modestly priced, pack an audio punch that is unrivaled in the computer speaker system industry today. Some people might bawk at me saying "There are better system by Klipsch and other speaker system manufacturers". But I beg to differ, Logitech's line of THX certified systems overpower any of their close competition at a lower price point.
The Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker system I will be reviewing today is a very sought after system with audiophiles adding it to their short list of "Must Have" computer hardware for the Christmas 2004 season.
intro.jpg

Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker system

If you are in the market looking for the right 6 channel (with the works) speaker system, do audition this one!

Reaction score
Um, sorry, a bit over my price range!

you think they will accept a tenner for it?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've read quite a few good reviews about the new Logitech speaker systems, good to see they're rivalling Klipsch. I have one of their 2.1 systems, about two years old, and that sounds good for the money it cost.

I've always been a big Logitech fan, looking in front of me I see, made by them: Mouse; Keyboard; Gamepad (cordless) and Joystick.

Reaction score
i own the Logitech Z-640 5.1 Computer Speaker System.

its the only realy big thing ive brought for my pc in 12 months!
and i can tell u all this speaker system is AS LOUD AS A BOEING 747 it really is.

my whole house shakes when i put some songs on notably two songs really smash it:

Warren G and Nate Dog : Regulate
Jay Z: Durt of your shoulder

but this new system looks even better! i probably wasted my money but i guess one has to sometimes! its not every day im gona pay 200 odd quid on a speaker system!

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:

lol never say never!

952 posts all ready? you r going to hit your 1000 milestone very very soon!:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, ah now then ... Santa, oh Santa, you comming round my house this year?

:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that even my son was convinced about the quality of Logitech and having used the Keyboard and mice he was willing to go for the XBox controller from Logitech. We ordered it and it arrived few days back. He is very happy with the way it feels and it sure is value for money product, now he can use the system in two player mode as well, I guess my daughter will be busy giving him company.

Having used a few products and looking at this thread and knowing some of you also approve it, Logitech products should be on everyones list when buying similar products.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:

Sorry if it is not in your budget but most definately a tenner would not do :D

I did a bit of research and found that a smaller and similar package is on offer by Logitech at about two thirds of the price of Z-5500.

For those whose budget is 33 percent less can consider the smaller Z-5300 (minus discrete 5.1 processing) which is also very favourably reviewed :thumb:

Logitech Z-5300 5.1 Speaker (with Matrix 5.1 surround processing)

Attachments

• logi_z5300_system_big2.jpg
    logi_z5300_system_big2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 432
Reaction score
psd99 said:
lol never say never!
I can only ask!

psd99 said:
952 posts all ready? you r going to hit your 1000 milestone very very soon!:)
I like it here! - a do have to admit, that some of my posts are not ALL quality, but i like to think i help some people out :D

Ask a Question