d865perl + home/sp2 slipstream wont install on 200gb disk

Beemer Biker

Rebuilding a system that had a motherboard replaced...trying to save all the
"C" files ....

The lastest bios (P19) sees the 200gb maxtor. I put together a
slipstreamed XP/Home + SP2 and it will not boot into repair mode. It sees a
137gb partition that contains 196gb of unrecognized space and wants me to
delete the partition as it is unrecognized. I dont want to do that. There
is nothing wrong with the disk, the motherboard was replaced after a failure
and there was enough difference (unfortunately) in the new motherboard that
I get a blue screen attempting to boot off the hard drive. It appears the
slipsteamed xp home sp2 cannot handle > 137gb? Maybe I did something wrong
when I ran autostreamer. Can I inspect the cd and verify that it has SP2?

I can put the 200gb back on another system, run acronis partition expert,
and set the partition to under 137gb. That should work but I should not
have to do that. Could the version of sp2 I downloaded not include 48bit
addressing or some missing component that wont install on a 200gb disk?

Compfix

Beemer Biker said:
[...]

Beemer Biker (e-mail address removed)
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT
When I replaced my motherboard for an 865perll I did a 'repair' install from
my windows CD and all was well as it loads the necessary hardware drivers.
You may need to install the chipset driver from the Intel CD also.
This was pre sp2 but I can see no reason why it shouldn't work with a
slipstreamed cd. No doubt someone more knowledgeable will be along in a
minute :)

Hope this helps
Bob

Beemer Biker

Compfix said:
SNIP

When I replaced my motherboard for an 865perll I did a 'repair' install from
my windows CD and all was well as it loads the necessary hardware drivers.
You may need to install the chipset driver from the Intel CD also.
This was pre sp2 but I can see no reason why it shouldn't work with a
slipstreamed cd. No doubt someone more knowledgeable will be along in a
minute :)

Hope this helps
Bob

Yes, a repair should work, but did you have disk larger than 137gb? I
attempted to do the repair with the original XP Home "service pack 0" that I
purchased with the original motherboard, D850EMV and P4 cpu. I immediately
noticed the partition size was wrong and I put together a slipstreamed SP2
cd as I thought that would solve the partition size problem. I just
discovered that
the slipstream failed: http://stateson.net/pub/autostreamer_err_3.jpg
There were no files dated after 2001 on the cd and I went back and reran
that
autostreamer and it failed to integrate the new stuff into the old. When I
first
saw that error message I thought it was a warning since the program went
ahead
and built an ISO file that booted. Apparantly it shelled out a program to
do the
integration and didnt check for errors when the program terminated.

I tried copying all the files from that XPSP2 temp i386 directory into the
destination i386 on the iso but the cd gives a blue screen before the
partition
message. Not sure what is going on and the neowin forum where I found that
autostreamer is too overloaded to even log in right now.

I need to find another program that can do the slipstream as that
autostreamer
has problems. I have 1.0.33 which is the latest.

http://stateson.net/pub/autostreamer_err_3.jpg
http://stateson.net/pub/autostreamer_err_1.jpg
http://stateson.net/pub/autostreamer_err_2.jpg

Beemer Biker

Compfix said:
"Beemer Biker" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Think i got a handle on the problem...just read this at gatesville..

"Note: You cannot use the /integrate switch to slipstream Windows XP SP2
into a folder with Windows XP on a Windows 2000 computer. Use a Windows XP
computer to do the slipstreaming or locate a workaround."

I am now hunting for an XP system to do the slipstream. Hopefully, the
/integrate switch works on sundays or at least on odd days of the week.

Baad Boy

System restore was enabled on the drive previously and is masking data,
that's why you're getting the "unrecognized partition" message. Your best
bet is to connect the drive as slave to a system, copy the needed files (or
all of them) to a back-up directory, then reformat and start from scratch.

Beemer Biker

Baad Boy said:
System restore was enabled on the drive previously and is masking data,
that's why you're getting the "unrecognized partition" message. Your best
bet is to connect the drive as slave to a system, copy the needed files (or
all of them) to a back-up directory, then reformat and start from scratch.
============================^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is so yesterday! Surely you just meant "fixit" and "move on"? This is
XP remember.

Baad Boy

Beemer Biker said:
============================^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is so yesterday! Surely you just meant "fixit" and "move on"? This
is

....Not sure what you consider as so yesterday--You have a new MB and drivers
aren't being recognized. On a new system, identical MB model or not, fresh
install should be standard. User files get saved everywhere on system
drives, backing up the entire disk would'nt hurt to make sure you save what
you want, afterall, that's what your post is all about, saving your current
user data. Ghost could back-it for you in about 10 mins. Right now all
your shit is on a disk that doesn't work in your system and you can't get it
to work so you should be ready to try anything whether you consider it
archaic or not.

BB
Rockster, (R1150R), 04'