Windows XP D3D Device..

Jod

Reaction score
Hi, im having problems starting up a poker program i downloaded. Im trying to play PKR on my computer but everytime I try to play it gives me this... "Could not initialize client - Cant create a D3D device"

So i have figured out that it is my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) 82845G/GL Graphics Controller. I checked PKR's website and i need any of the following to run it on my PC.

• GeForce 8 series
  • GeForce 7 series
  • GeForce 6 series
  • GeForce FX series
  • GeForce 4 series
  • GeForce 3 series
  • Radeon 2xxx-series
  • Radeon X-series
  • Radeon 9800
  • Radeon 9700
  • Radeon 9600
  • Radeon 9200
  • Radeon 9000
  • Intel 829xx series, except the Intel 82965
My question is can I download any of these and just install it and away I go and where can I get them from. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm guessing you don't actually have a graphics card but the graphics are integrated with your motherboard.

In which case, if I'm right you're out of luck I'm afraid unless you want to find out if your motherboard has a graphics card slot and you want to buy a new seperate video card.

Oh well, never mind, think of all the money you'll save :)

Reaction score
THAN
Jod said:
Hi, im having problems starting up a poker program i downloaded. Im trying to play PKR on my computer but everytime I try to play it gives me this... "Could not initialize client - Cant create a D3D device"

So i have figured out that it is my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) 82845G/GL Graphics Controller. I checked PKR's website and i need any of the following to run it on my PC.
  • GeForce 8 series
  • GeForce 7 series
  • GeForce 6 series
  • GeForce FX series
  • GeForce 4 series
  • GeForce 3 series
  • Radeon 2xxx-series
  • Radeon X-series
  • Radeon 9800
  • Radeon 9700
  • Radeon 9600
  • Radeon 9200
  • Radeon 9000
  • Intel 829xx series, except the Intel 82965
My question is can I download any of these and just install it and away I go and where can I get them from. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Ask a Question