D-Link DSL 604T - Wanadoo Wireless Probs

Reaction score
All,

I have just changed my Broadband subscription from Tiscali to Wanadoo but cannot my Dell D600 Laptop to connect wirelessly through my D-link DSL 604T router. It worked fine with tiscali but I just keep getting "Page not displayed" when clicking on Internet Explorer. I have changed the username and password using the D-link admin function so that has been hard coded and the signal strengh is Excellent.

I'm currently connecting with the modem they supply and that works OK.

Any ideas please??

Reaction score
Start
Run
cmd
ipconfig /renew

paste the output from the renew here in reply

ipconfig

paste the output here in reply

- If you do have an IP address that does *not* start with 169.254 , then try to ping the gateway that is listed

i.e.

ping 192.168.0.1

paste the output from the ping here in reply

- If that didn't kick it back into line, try disabling any WEP or encryption to see if you can surf without it. If you can, you'll need to either try another security type, or B***h out your new internet provider for a lower then standard , obviously defaulted MTU max.

- If indeed you'll have to live with no security, there's always MAC address filtering.
- Each network device, be it a router, network card, etc, has its own , unique MAC address, which can be found by loading up a command prompt , and typing
ipconfig /all
- The entry you're looking for will look something like this
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
- Copy the numbers down, then hit your router and turn off security, turn on MAC address filtering, and set it so only that MAC address has access.
- Any new network devices brought into the house would have to be added.

Finally, MAC address filtering isn't quite what WEP security is, but either is just as easy to 'crack' or spoof.
Most network hardware out there do not allow the changing of a MAC address, but some do. If someone really wanted to get in, they would anyhow ;) We're just trying to stop that 13 year old kid next door from 'auto-connecting' to your router ;)

Not Googled by...
- Zhoul

Ask a Question