"D:\ is not accessible" when I try copying files to a CD-R

G

I have been trying to copy data music files from my computer to a compact disk. I've followed the step by step how to in the help section; however, when ever I hit the copy button a message pops up saying, "D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function." I'm sure the burner works because I've been able to burn audio cd's in the past; I've never been successful burning a data cd. What have I done wrong?

D

David Candy

It's not how I would do it. What happens if you right click the file and choose Send To. What is your CD called in the Sendto menu? What CD burning programs do you have as those instructions only work for XP's burner. Other burner programs often turn XP's off (they can all coexist so there's no need), Open My Computer, Right click the drive and ensure on the CD Record tab it is enabled. You may have 2 CDs there, one for XP and one for burning software that came with the drive.

Try a different disk.

Ask a Question