customizing chart column color formats in code

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Discussion' started by papa jonah, Mar 19, 2005.

  1. papa jonah

    papa jonah Guest

    I have some code that examines a set of data and generates a
    x1columncluster chart. Depending on the set of data, I may have any
    number of column clusters as a result. However, I currently format the
    columns manually to make certain groupings a given color and another
    group of columns a different color and so forth. I would like to
    automate this.
    Is there a way to go through each column like for x = 1 to
    numberOfColumns
    check group
    If group = 1
    set color accordingly
    else set color differently
    end if

    Did that make sense?

    TIA

    papa jonah, Mar 19, 2005

  2. Perhaps you could use Jon Peltier's technique for conditional charts:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

    Debra Dalgleish, Mar 20, 2005

  3. papa jonah

    papa jonah Guest

    I am not seeing anything on the page that will automate the process
    with code.

    papa jonah, Mar 21, 2005