Customize phone contact field names?

yohannsetna

Outlook has only 1 field available for Mobile Phone numbers. How do add
another field to accomodate a 2nd Mobile Phone Number to a contact? Can I
change the 'Pager' contact (or any other redundant field like 'Car Phone' for
example) to read 'Mobile Phone 2'?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook has only 1 field available for Mobile Phone numbers. How do add
another field to accomodate a 2nd Mobile Phone Number to a contact? Can I
change the 'Pager' contact (or any other redundant field like 'Car Phone'
for
example) to read 'Mobile Phone 2'?

Any of the fields you'll see when you click one of the down arrow buttons in
the "Phone numbers" sectrion of the Contact form are eligible. I tend to use
"Car" or "Radio". You can't change the label names, though.

Milan Oparnica [software developer]

Brian Tillman said:
Any of the fields you'll see when you click one of the down arrow buttons in
the "Phone numbers" sectrion of the Contact form are eligible. I tend to use
"Car" or "Radio". You can't change the label names, though.
I can't believe you MVP guys post this as an answer to this question.

I guess this is "acceptable" way of telling me my 400$ investment in SAMSUNG
OMNIA phone can't remember 2'nd mobile number in year 2009, when most of my
contacts have 2 or more.

Please just say you are SORRY, and tell all of us where to post our, by all
means, legitimate request, so your development team can urgently fix this
unforgivable mistake.

Concerning the CAR or RADIO field...JUST TRY TO SEND A MESSAGE using those
numbers - YOU CAN'T, they are not available!

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

MVP's are just users, we don't work for MS. We can't get them to change
anything, so your complaint has no meaning.

"Milan Oparnica [software developer]" <Milan Oparnica [software
developer]@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Milan Oparnica [software developer]" <Milan Oparnica [software
developer]@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I can't believe you MVP guys post this as an answer to this question.

What do you wantr us to say. We can tell you what Outlook can do. We can't
change it.
I guess this is "acceptable" way of telling me my 400$ investment in SAMSUNG
OMNIA phone can't remember 2'nd mobile number in year 2009, when most of my
contacts have 2 or more.

What your phone costs has no bearing on Outlook's present capabilities.
Please just say you are SORRY, and tell all of us where to post our, by all
means, legitimate request, so your development team can urgently fix this
unforgivable mistake.

None of the MVPs work for Microsoft. Call them if you want to suggest a
change in Outlook. Don't tell us.
Concerning the CAR or RADIO field...JUST TRY TO SEND A MESSAGE using those
numbers - YOU CAN'T, they are not available!

You can't send a message with ANY of the phone fields except for the FAX
field. Anyway, sending messages by phone is not a designed-in Outlook
function. If you don't like it, tell Microsoft.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Would you rather we lie? You cannot add more number fields to outlook. Even
if you could, its unlikely your $400 toy would accept those fields anyway -
the sync process is generally hardcoded to specific fields. If you need to
store multiple numbers for a contact on a phone, make multiple contacts.

It's highly unlikely the development team is going to drop everything and
make changes - it’s the same way in Outlook 2010. Maybe Samsung developers
should fix their unforgivable error in not syncing the other fields?

The original question did not say they needed to add fields so it would work
with an expensive phone - they just wanted a field to enter the number in.

FWIW, my $150 blackberry syncs a min of 4 numbers work, work2 (business,
business 2 in outlook), home, mobile (that’s the most any of my contacts
have). I considered the omnia but went with the BB instead. I'm glad now.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"Milan Oparnica [software developer]" <Milan Oparnica [software
developer]@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Milan Oparnica [software developer]

I'm sorry, this was obviously a wrong place to complain, but this is most
rated discussion when searching by "second mobile number field" on google.

I didn't know that MVP doesn't work for Microsoft. I followed the link to
Outlook 2010 as well but didn't find anything usefull therer.

It's not really about the cost of the phone, it was just to demonstrate the
target group where WM is installed. They made a lot effort on many small
details of fancy-look. Leaving such a big hole is so...well, becoming typical
for Microsoft these days.

I gave up on this phone anyway, and returned to my old NOKIA doing the job
correctly. Maybe some future release...who knows. But it probably won't be
compatible with my OMNIA anyway. I'm very disappointed.

Thanks for your replies anyway, please accept my apologize.