Crystal Reports XI .NET Print Window Not Found

Discussion in 'Microsoft Dot NET' started by Kbalz, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. Kbalz

    Kbalz Guest

    Having a really hard time finding solid examples on deploying a
    CR .NET applcation on my intranet. I'll explain what I've done so far,
    and toward the bottom is where I can't print using the report viewer's
    gui button.

    I have a Windows XP sp2 Client machine used for development, it has
    Visual Studio 2005 sp1 and CR XI R2 Developer Version.
    My webserver is running Windows Server 2003 sp1, IIS 6.0, has CR XI R2
    developer. I have a working report that uses a simple stored procedure
    created.

    I created the website in IIS on the server, and mapped the viewer
    controls to a virtual directory

    Website is: crystal
    Alias is: crystalreportviewers115
    Local Path is: C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common
    \3.5\crystalreportviewers115\

    I created a solution from the client for the website, and moved my
    report on the root, and created a default.aspx on the root (just for
    testing and to keep it simple).. In VS, I dropped the Pre-canned
    control "CrystalReportViewer".. this updated my webconfig file to
    include the nessicary dlls and such.

    Here is my ASPX.cs file:

    {
    ConfigureCrystalReports();
    }

    private void ConfigureCrystalReports()
    {
    ConnectionInfo connectionInfo = new ConnectionInfo();
    connectionInfo.ServerName = "<>"; //edited these out so all of
    google groups doesn't see our conn info.
    connectionInfo.DatabaseName = "<>";//edited these out so all
    of google groups doesn't see our conn info.
    connectionInfo.UserID = "<>";//edited these out so all of
    google groups doesn't see our conn info.
    connectionInfo.Password = "<>";//edited these out so all of
    google groups doesn't see our conn info.

    string reportPath = Server.MapPath("ageing.rpt");
    CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportPath;

    CrystalReportViewer1.CssFilename = "/crystalreportviewers115/
    css/default.css";
    CrystalReportViewer1.ToolbarImagesFolderUrl = "../
    crystalreportviewers115/images/toolbar";
    CrystalReportViewer1.GroupTreeImagesFolderUrl = "../
    crystalreportviewers115/images/tree";

    SetDBLogonForReport(connectionInfo);
    }

    private void SetDBLogonForReport(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)
    {
    TableLogOnInfos tableLogOnInfos =
    CrystalReportViewer1.LogOnInfo;
    foreach (TableLogOnInfo tableLogOnInfo in tableLogOnInfos)
    {
    tableLogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo = connectionInfo;
    }
    }

    First off, you notice I had to do CrystalReportViewer1.cssfilename and
    the other two properties.. my report data was showing perfectly, but
    there were no images or CSS formatting.. I figured out I need to set
    these properties on the report for them to work.

    Now my report looks good with all the images, but when I try to use
    the print button on the report - I get a JavaScript error. This is
    with the PrintMode property on the report set to PDF.

    The error is:

    Line: 3641
    Char: 1
    Error: Object doesn't support this action
    COde: 0

    So I switched the PrintMode to ActiveX.. now when I try to print my
    report, I get a popup window, but it says "page could not be found"
    error..

    Here's my main questions:
    Am I setting up IIS correctly so my reports know where to reference
    files like printing, css, images..? It seems I have override this
    because I haven't set it up properly..

    If I have set it up properly.. how am I supposed to figure out
    printing?

    Here is my aspx page code if that helps any

    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

    <%@ Register Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=11.5.3700.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"
    Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" TagPrefix="CR" %>

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    runat="server" AutoDataBind="true" ShowAllPageIds="True"/>
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
    </form>

    Kbalz, Feb 15, 2007

  2. Kbalz

    Kbalz Guest

    On Feb 15, 11:21 am, "Kbalz" <> wrote:
> [...]
    > because I haven't set it up properly..
    >
    > If I have set it up properly.. how am I supposed to figure out
    > printing?
    >
    > Here is my aspx page code if that helps any
    >
    > <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
    > CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
    >
    > <%@ Register Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=11.5.3700.0,
    > Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"
    > Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" TagPrefix="CR" %>
    >
    > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

    > <head runat="server">
    > <title>Untitled Page</title>
    > </head>
    > <form id="form1" runat="server">
    > runat="server" AutoDataBind="true" ShowAllPageIds="True"/>
    > <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>

    Crystal Reports is the biggest waste of time and money on the market
    today, with little support or great out of the box solutions.

    Kbalz, Feb 16, 2007