Creative X-FI Xtreme Music

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of getting a Creative X-FI Xtreme Music for a while now. A friend of mine has one and says its improved the audio on his pc greatly.

Seem them at Overclockers for 83 Quid, which aint bad. HERE

What do you guys think? Is it worth it, and will i hear an improvement? At the moment i am just using the onboard audio off the mb. (Realtek AC'97)

I am also thinking about some new speakers to match, I read about the Logitech one's mention on here somewhere and i like the sound of them. But only if the bass goes low enough. ;)
Am currently using a set of Creative p580's, not bad but not great.

Any help and advice would be great, cheers. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think the sound card's worth getting, definitely. Been thinking about going that route myself on my main rig.

As for loudspeakers, I'm not sure, kinda out of touch atm.

I've always liked Logitech and I have never been impressed with Creative Speakers at all. But I'm not familiar with the latest models, maybe things have changed.

I'm not impressed with a set of 2.1 Altec Lansing speakers I have at all and JBL, imo, are overpriced.

I'd be tempted to use that sound card with a mid-priced set of Logitech 5.1 speakers such as the ZX-5400 system (around £145.00).

The Z5450 wireless setup looks good, but at £240.00-ish is a little pricey, imo.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sorry Flops, i totally forgot about this thread! :blush:

I see OCUK are now doing this card in an OEM version, only 58 quid!
confused0006.gif

Now that is very tempting....

That means i could spend more on the speakers! :D

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I would like to spend around £150 at the most on the speakers, unless its really worth it.

I guess thats something like the Logitech Z 5400? Like Flops suggested. But i have read that the Creative I-Trigue 5600 are good too... £105 at Amazon. (OCUK seems to be down ATM)

Any advice? :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
V_R,

Having heard few Creative as well as Logitech systems, my personal opinion is that Logitech has an edge over Creative in terms of quality of sound when compared head to head with systems in same price bracket.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Right thanks Quad and Flops. The two biggest audio buff's on PCR tell me logitech, so logitech it shall be.
nod.gif
(The Z-5400's)

I'll probably get the sound card first and the speakers in a few weeks time. :)

Thanks once again for the advice gents. :thumb:

:)

Ask a Question