    from the command prompt? I'd want to put that in a batch file I'd like to
    create.

    Thanks,

    Tom Bombadill, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Tom Bombadill wrote:
    > Is there a way to create shortcuts and place them in a particular
    > location from the command prompt? I'd want to put that in a batch
    > file I'd like to create.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Couple of ways I know of, this one has worked well for me -

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...echnet/scriptcenter/scrguide/sas_wsh_aytf.asp

    Dean

    --
    Dean Wells [MVP / Windows platform]
    MSEtechnology

    Dean Wells [MVP], Nov 14, 2003

  3. "Tom Bombadill" wrote:

    >Is there a way to create shortcuts and place them in a particular location
    >from the command prompt? I'd want to put that in a batch file I'd like to
    >create.
    >
    >Thanks,

    I once downloaded makescut.exe. Here is the helpscreen with a link:

    F:\WINNT>makescut /?

    MAKESCUT.EXE 1.02
    Copyright (C)1999-2000 Inteletek, Inc.
    www.scriptlogic.com

    MakeScut is a 32-bit command-line utility that creates shortcut files
    (.LNK or .PIF) for Windows 9x/NT applications.
    Usage: MAKESCUT /n "filespec"[.lnk/.prf] /t "filespec"
    [/a "args"] [/s "folder"]

    [/i "file" index] [/r min/max] [/o] [/k [CTRL+][ALT+][SHIFT+]key]

    /n Filespec of shortcut that will be created. MakeScut will
    automatically create the proper type of shortcut, .lnk
    or .pif, based on whether the target application is a
    Windows or MS-DOS application.
    example: c:\windows\desktop\myshortcut.
    /t Filespec of the target application.
    /a Command-line arguments to the target application.
    If there is more than one paramater be sure to enclose the
    list of paramaters in quotes.
    /i Filespec and index of the icon for the shortcut.
    /s Working Directory
    /r Run window
    /o Overwrite existing shortcut of the same name.
    /k Shortcut key. example: CTRL+ALT+U.

    hth
    --
    Greetings
    Matthias________________________________________

    Matthias Tacke, Nov 14, 2003
  4. "Matthias Tacke" wrote:

    >"Tom Bombadill" wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a way to create shortcuts and place them in a particular location
    >>from the command prompt? I'd want to put that in a batch file I'd like to
    >>create.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>

    >I once downloaded makescut.exe. Here is the helpscreen with a link:
    >
    >F:\WINNT>makescut /?
    >
    >MAKESCUT.EXE 1.02
    >Copyright (C)1999-2000 Inteletek, Inc.
    >www.scriptlogic.com

    Found a link on the site claiming it is free.

    http://www.scriptlogic.com/eng/products/scriptingtoolkit/

    Matthias Tacke, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Tom Bombadill

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Also check out Marty List's cool tool shortcut.exe
    http://www.optimumx.com/download/

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]

    Dave Patrick, Nov 14, 2003
  6. Tom Bombadill

    Mark V Guest

    In microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin Dave Patrick wrote:

    > Also check out Marty List's cool tool shortcut.exe
    > http://www.optimumx.com/download/

    OP,
    Marty's util. endorsed here FWIW. Note that the syntax is different
    than the old MS utility of the same name.

    But do not neglect that you might just COPY a pre-existing .LNK file
    from source to destination.

    Mark V, Nov 14, 2003