Access Create option group without using wizard?

Reaction score
I've searched EVERYWHERE and can't find the answer to this question.

My Option Group Wizard is not working, no matter what I do. I've tried checking Use Control Wizards, unchecking it, starting a new form from scratch, using an existing form ... nothing. Any time I go to place an Option Group on a form in Design View, it just creates a blank box.

I understand that I need to set the Record Source for my form to the table containing the field that I want the value from this option group to go into. I've done that. I've also set the Control Source for the Option Group frame to the field in that table.

When I add radio button controls within the frame, their property sheet has a place for the Control Source, but nowhere do I see a place where I can enter the Option Value. What should the Control Source be? Same field as the Control Source for the Option Group??

Something is definitely missing in this whole structure ... Someone please walk me through it and tell me how I can set this up without the wizard!!

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
You are using Access correct? This field that you assign to the group, is it properly configured with the list of options?

Reaction score
Thank you for the response, Abraham. I found the root of the problem - somewhere along the line I had been directed to the Bound Object icon instead of the Option Group icon. I was trying to create an option group using the wrong tool. Got it working!

Ask a Question