    month for the lasr 4 years?

    Cheers

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Apr 19, 2007

  2. Geoff Cox

    Guest Guest

    This should be possible. Do you want the number who actually create a
    subscription or do you want the total number of subscribers during the
    period. For instance if I subscribed in Jan for one year, am I counted only
    in Jan of 2007 or in every month Jan-2007 to Dec-2007?

    If you need more help, you might want to provide your significant table and
    field names and types.
    --
    Duane Hookom
    Microsoft Access MVP

    Guest, Apr 20, 2007

  3. Geoff Cox

    Geoff Cox Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:52:04 -0700, Duane Hookom
    <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

    >This should be possible. Do you want the number who actually create a
    >subscription or do you want the total number of subscribers during the
    >period. For instance if I subscribed in Jan for one year, am I counted only
    >in Jan of 2007 or in every month Jan-2007 to Dec-2007?
    >
    >If you need more help, you might want to provide your significant table and
    >field names and types.

    Duane,

    I am just interested in seeing how the subscriptions vary throughout
    the year so for each year I would like to take the letter-date field
    (date/time type) and see how many letters are received in January,
    February etc.

    Cheers

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Apr 20, 2007
  4. Geoff Cox

    Guest Guest

    Does this SQL provide the values you want to graph?

    SELECT Year([Letter-Date]) as Yr, Month([Letter-Date]) as Mth, Count(*) as
    Subscriptions
    FROM tblNoNameGiven
    GROUP BY Year([Letter-Date]), Month([Letter-Date]);

    --
    Duane Hookom
    Microsoft Access MVP

    Guest, Apr 20, 2007
  5. Geoff Cox

    Geoff Cox Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:04:01 -0700, Duane Hookom
    <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

    >Does this SQL provide the values you want to graph?
    >
    >SELECT Year([Letter-Date]) as Yr, Month([Letter-Date]) as Mth, Count(*) as
    >Subscriptions
    >FROM tblNoNameGiven
    >GROUP BY Year([Letter-Date]), Month([Letter-Date]);

    Sorry Duane, but how do I use the above?

    Cheers

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Apr 20, 2007
  6. Geoff Cox

    Guest Guest

    You open a new query and go to the SQL view. Paste the SQL statement into the
    window and correct any field or table names that are not correct and then
    view the datasheet. If you get an error message, fix the query or come back
    here with table and field names, error messages and any other significant
    information.
    --
    Duane Hookom
    Microsoft Access MVP

    Guest, Apr 20, 2007
  7. Geoff Cox

    Geoff Cox Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:36:01 -0700, Duane Hookom
    <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

    >You open a new query and go to the SQL view. Paste the SQL statement into the
    >window and correct any field or table names that are not correct and then
    >view the datasheet. If you get an error message, fix the query or come back
    >here with table and field names, error messages and any other significant
    >information.

    Brilliant Duane!

    Got it working and it gives the numbers per month.

    Thanks and Cheers,

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Apr 20, 2007