Couple AntiSpyware buglets

Phony McRingRing

1) I have a hundred or so restricted sites defined. One
or two of the registry-entries are detected as bad. We
know the sites are bad; that's why they're restricted.

2) I've had to disable hosts-file scanning, because
largish files are not parsed properly. Entries detected
as bad are displayed all munged-up like, instead of:

ads.zedo.com 127.0.0.1 # (loopback)

it will read it as something like

o.com|127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1

Other than these couple things:

The software appears to get updated frequently (for now);
is free (for now?? -- would never use if our enterprise
had to pay extra). In sum it has the potential to be as
good as other similar programs we are already using,
particularly the very similar, very well-supported, free
programs whose names we are loathe to mention lest they
be squashed out of business (SB & SG).

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Inline Response:

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
MCSE, CISSP
PSS Security

originated.
From: "Phony McRingRing" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Phony McRingRing" <[email protected]>
Subject: Couple AntiSpyware buglets
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:14:03 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements

1) I have a hundred or so restricted sites defined. One
or two of the registry-entries are detected as bad. We
know the sites are bad; that's why they're restricted.

What does MWAS attempt to do with this registry key?
What does MWAS flag the reg keys as?
2) I've had to disable hosts-file scanning, because
largish files are not parsed properly. Entries detected
as bad are displayed all munged-up like, instead of:

ads.zedo.com 127.0.0.1 # (loopback)

it will read it as something like

o.com|127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1

Other than these couple things:

Is this just the pop-up, or your actual host file.