Count "Zero values"

Reaction score
I've been trying to get something working, that seems very simple and yet despite doing a search on this site (and finding good information) can't seem to pull it together.

I hope I am just missing something simple!

I have a table with multiple choice survey data (a series of questions and sub-questions with multiple respondents) - I have built a query to count the number of answers for each question and display them in a chart on a report. Essentially this works fine although in some of the questions there are 0 responses for one of the 5 multiple choice values - and the chart consistently just omits that value for the given question rather than show the answer with a count of zero responses as I would like it to do.

Thought I had the solution (read on this forum) and created a single field table for just the allowable responses "1,2,3,4,5" - built a new query with a Left Join (to show all values from the "allowable responses" table and matches in the resulting query) however I still get missing (zero values) in my chart.

Any suggestions on what I could try (please let me know if more detail is required).

Thanks

Ask a Question