Windows XP Count column and query

Reaction score
Hello, im importing a .csv file into a table in a access database, and running queries on the fly. I have 2 static columns and the rest are dynamic. I want to count the amount of fields from the original import, remove the 2 static fields from the count, then use the count number to make that amount of column queries.

So if i have 8 columns, i want to remove the first 2, then use the count to run my queries on the last 6 columns. This output should then be stored to a workbook, with each different set of queries for each column being stored in its own worksheet.

At the moment I have the data imported into the table, the queries setup, the count function written, and 1 set of queries being written into a workbook.

I need help making the count function apply to the export process. Has anyone any idea what im talking about?

Reaction score
why bother with excl's workbooks
run the query and output the answers to a new table.
if yu need it in .cvs form then output the enire table as a workbook

Reaction score
I have to output it formatted in a certain way and i dont want the table there. I just want the answers to the query being showed in the output.

Ask a Question