    two tasks are tampered, still not showing them. Even I manually change the
    two files back to original content, it still complains about tampering.

    So what can I do now to correct these two tasks?

    Guest, Apr 8, 2008

    C.B. Guest

    <-> wrote in message news:##...
    > After I renamed my Vista machine, Task Scheduler warned me about two
    > invalid tasks every time it was opened: User_Feed_Synchronization and
    > Reminders (should be part of Windows Calender). The two tasks were not
    > shown even with hidden tasks turned on, which prevented me from modifying
    > them.
    >
    > I found some trick from Internet to manually locate and edit the job file.
    > The old machine name was hardcoded in the job file. This must be a bug! I
    > used notepad to correct the machine names. Now Task Scheduler complains
    > the two tasks are tampered, still not showing them. Even I manually change
    > the two files back to original content, it still complains about
    > tampering.
    >
    > So what can I do now to correct these two tasks?

    Task Scheduler is capable of doing some strange things in my opinion. I
    properly scheduled a task to run at startup, confirmed that the task was
    actually scheduled and rebooted. The next thing I saw was a BSOD.
    The only way I could overcome the BSOD was to restore using my True
    Image bootable rescue DVD.

    C.B.

    --
    It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
    and unfortunate among us.

    C.B., Apr 8, 2008

    devnullius

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2012
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had the same problem, posted solution here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r/f76d43fd-f73d-43a5-a1b1-d42489b839aa?page=1 (windows - forum/windows_vista-performance - cant-find-task-in-task-scheduler)

    Peace!

    Devvie

    ~~~ ~~~
    Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare
    ——
    All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU
    General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-012 by DevNullius)

    devnullius, Feb 3, 2012