Correct Frame Rate?

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Quick question...

Do you think i should be getting more than 6-12fps in flight simulator X with all settings maxed out on my new rig?

E6600 @ 3.2GHz, 2Gb RAM, nVidia 8800GTX 768mb, 2x 320GB HDD RAID0, Vista Ultimate, 24" TFT 1920x1200

Its pretty much unplayable and i assumed with a system like that i should be able to run any new game maxed out!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't forget you are running it at a massive resolution, no doubt willth full AA - that would knock the stuffing out of any system. It might be worth lowering the settings a little or turning AA down a bit :)

Reaction score
Turned antialiasing off and no improvement...

The drivers for the graphics card still seem ropey as in early stages so maybe that has something to do with it.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
MS flight sim is actually a reproduction of a real-life flight simulator ... you know, they cost thousands, and, you can only play one "game" on them.
nod.gif

The "simple" solution is to reduce the screen res down from 1920x1200 to a level that will improve your fps. ;)

This solution is brought to you by a ... non gamer.
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Hmm - thats not really the route i wanted to go down because i assumed the best graphics card on the market would be able to hack it!

Oh well, i'll save up for another to SLI it and have the res down in the mean time.

Ask a Question