Correct angle for keyboard

WindsorFox

Rod said:

Repeating over and over doesn't make it true. See below.
Wrong with that 'allow more space for the
mechanical portion of the typewriter' claim.

Wrong again.

No, I am not wrong, I worked for 18 years along side the typewriter
repair person for $dayjob and have seen and used the current models of
typewriters that are still available. The keyboards are as flat as a
computer keyboard.
You cant even manage to work out that that he was making a specific claim
about 'allow more space for the mechanical portion of the typewriter'

I worked that out right before you claimed that it was incorrect for
electric typewriters. You are still wrong on that point as I personally
own an electric typewriter that is entirely mechanical in nature yet
electrically powered.

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose

WindsorFox

Rod said:
Pathetic excuse for bullshit in your case.

At least I provide some substance showing why you are incorrect,
your snipping said substance ans repeating "wrong" dos not make you
answer any more viable than it was at first.

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose

WindsorFox

Rod said:
Like I said, doesnt specify a 'correct' keyboard angle.

He's the one that made that claim.

He gets to do that quoting.

Thats how it works.

But you are the one claiming that it does not provide for a specific
angle, which in the foreword it alludes that it does. If you know this
for a fact then you must have a copy of the ISO so by all means share
it. If you do not have a copy of the ISO then you are emitting verbiage
from your hind orifice and don't know anymore about what precisely it
says than any of the rest of us.

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose

Rod Speed

No I didn't forget, they can cause CTS as easily as a puter KB. I work with someone who
has it.

You dont know that that individual would not have got it with a no slope keyboard.

Rod Speed

WindsorFox said:
Rod Speed wrote
Repeating over and over doesn't make it true. See below.

Saying 'incorrect' doesnt make it so.
No, I am not wrong, I worked for 18 years along side the typewriter repair person for
$dayjob and have seen and used the current models of typewriters that are still
available. The keyboards are as flat as a computer keyboard.

They dont have zero SLOPE tho. THAT is what is being discussed.
I worked that out right before you claimed that it was incorrect
for electric typewriters. You are still wrong on that point as I
personally own an electric typewriter that is entirely mechanical in
nature yet electrically powered.

Irrelevant TO WHETHER THEY HAD MUCH MORE
THAN ZERO SLOPE TO ALLOW MORE SPACE FOR
THE MECHANICAL PORTION OF THE TYPEWRITER.

That was only true for the manual typewriters which had
a cage of bars with a single letter on the end of each bar.

John Doe

A silly troll.

From: WindsorFox <windsorfox NOSPAM.cox.net>
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: Correct angle for keyboard
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:06:43 -0500

Agreed. Perhaps I'll filter both....

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose

xModem

At least I provide some substance showing why you are incorrect,
your snipping said substance ans repeating "wrong" dos not make you
answer any more viable than it was at first.

Good God man, how many times does Roddy have to repeat himself, all the while
providing no proof to substantiate his claim whatsoever, before you'll believe
him?

Rod Speed

WindsorFox said:
Rod Speed wrote
At least I provide some substance showing why you are incorrect,

No you didnt.
your snipping said substance ans repeating "wrong" dos not make you answer any more
viable than it was at first.

You're lying now, most obviously where I rubbed your nose
in the FACT that typewriters and teletypes have had nothing
like ZERO SLOPE for well over a century now with
typewriters and well over half a century with teletypes.

Rod Speed

WindsorFox said:
Rod Speed wrote
But you are the one claiming that it does not provide for a
specific angle, which in the foreword it alludes that it does.

And it doesnt.
If you know this for a fact then you must have a copy of the ISO so by all means share
it.

Not legal with copyrighted material that they dont make freely available.
If you do not have a copy of the ISO then you are emitting verbiage from your hind
orifice and don't know anymore about what precisely it says than any of the rest of us.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Don Freeman

xModem said:
Good God man, how many times does Roddy have to repeat himself, all the
while
providing no proof to substantiate his claim whatsoever, before you'll
believe
him?
I mean really. How much non-researched pontificating must he do before you
give in?

WindsorFox

John said:
A silly troll.

From: WindsorFox <windsorfox NOSPAM.cox.net>
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:06:43 -0500

Agreed. Perhaps I'll filter both....

Oh BOY! You can copy and paste headers! Should I be impressed? I was
giving you the benefit of the doubt, but as of this point your trial
period is over. Good day <plonk!>

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose

WindsorFox

Rod said:
No you didnt.

You're lying now, most obviously where I rubbed your nose
in the FACT that typewriters and teletypes have had nothing
like ZERO SLOPE for well over a century now with
typewriters and well over half a century with teletypes.

Again repeating incorrect answers and denying the obvious does not
make it true. People have been getting CTS for over a century too, no
one can prove or disprove exactly why or not they did or did not get it.
No keyboards are not angled anymore and yes I do provide substance to my
answers rather than "yes, no, wrong" and no matter how much you say
"wrong" will not change the facts. It seems you just prefer to ignore
facts that you disagree with. I will choose the logical side that is
supported by doctors and Cornell Univ, you may stay on with Algore as
you like...

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose

WindsorFox

Rod said:
And it doesnt.

Prove it.
Not legal with copyrighted material that they dont make freely available.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Translation, you do not know what it says and can not prove it.
Assessment of orifice vocalization stands.

HAND

--

Don said:
I mean really. How much non-researched pontificating must he do before you
give in?

Points taken :-D

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose

Rod Speed

WindsorFox said:
Rod Speed wrote
Prove it.

HE claimed that it does, at the top of the quoting.

HE gets to do the proving.

THATS how it works.
Translation, you do not know what it says and can not prove it.
Assessment of orifice vocalization stands.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Rod Speed

WindsorFox said:
Rod Speed wrote
Again repeating incorrect answers and denying the obvious does not make it true.

Again, claiming something is incorrect and
ignoring the obvious cuts no mustard either.
People have been getting CTS for over a century too, no one can prove or disprove
exactly why or not they did or did not get it.

So you have no basis for your pig ignorant claim about anything
being incorrect and are so stupid that you couldnt even manage
to work out that the 'kony' originally pig ignorantly claimed that
the other than zero slope that has been seen with non manual
typewriters and teletypes is necessary to 'Allow more space for
the mechanical portion of the typewriter, before the digital age'
No keyboards are not angled anymore

More pig ignorant drivel. Plenty have feet that allow other
than ZERO slope and few actually have ZERO slope too.
and yes I do provide substance to my answers rather than "yes, no, wrong"

Pity its just pig ignorant unsubstantiated CLAIMS. Thats not
'substance', thats just anothe of your pig ignorant steaming turds.
and no matter how much you say "wrong" will not change the facts.

No matter how often you claim something is 'incorrect', will not change the facts.
It seems you just prefer to ignore facts that you disagree with.

You in spades with keyboards that havent had zero slope for centurys
now with typewriters and well over half a century now with teletypes.
I will choose the logical side that is supported by doctors and Cornell Univ,

Pity you cant actually cite even a SINGLE rigorous scientific
study published in a peer reviewed scientific journal that shows
that ZERO slope is the only acceptible slope for a keyboard.
you may stay on with Algore as you like...

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

WindsorFox

Don said:
Nah, monkeys can be trained to do even more then that.

Oh yeah, I saw on Animal Planet about a certain group of chimps
that are exceptionally intelligent and at times walk upright.

--
I used to have abs. Now, I've just got ab.
One big ol' Ab. - BigSkiff www.titanspot.com

Pyongyang sounds more like the sound effect an ACME catapult makes
as it goes off at precisely the wrong moment for Wile E. Coyote. -
Cadbury Moose

Mxsmanic

Archie said:
Which I interpret as being zero to 15 degrees.

Yes. Ideally the bones in your hand nearest your wrist should be
aligned with the bones in your forearm ... an angle of zero degrees.
But my Compaq keyboard
permits either:

(1) flat or maybe 5 degrees
(2) about 30 to 35 degrees.

You can adjust to taste. Whatever position causes you the least
discomfort when you type for long periods is best. In theory, an
angle of zero is ideal, but if your hands and wrists feel better at
some other angle, there's no reason why you can't use that angle.

Mxsmanic

Trev said:
How on earth did those typists manage with three hights of keys, no wrist
pads and having to put even force behind the key's.

They didn't. Keyboards were less ergonomic in those days, and if you
typed too long, you got tired.