Corporate or Workgroup option

Conan Kelly

Hello all,

What is the "Corporate or Workgroup" option? Does this only apply to Outlook 2000? If so, are there similar options/functionallity
for 2002/2003?

I need MAPI capabilities and I have Office XP on the machine now. What are my options?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

It applies only to Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000. It's not relevant to your version at all, which doesn't need such a horrible kludge.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Conan Kelly

Sue,

Thank you for your feed back.

I'm not so sure that I don't need it. I'm using Office XP on a Win 2000 machine. I'm trying to set up Windows built in fax
software to work with Outlook. According to Windows HELP files, I need "A fax-compatible e-mail program is compliant with a MAPI
client interface. This interface allows different e-mail programs, such as Microsoft Outlook or Exchange, to work with Fax."

Does Office XP/2003 have MAPI capabilities? If not, can it be added without installation of additional programs? Would my only
option on this machine be to downgrade to Office 2000 with the Corporate or Workgroup option?

Thanks again for all of your help,

Conan

It applies only to Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000. It's not relevant to your version at all, which doesn't need such a horrible kludge.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Roady [MVP]

Yes, you can use Outlook 2002.