Copying setup files when formatting windows XP has errors

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
Please help me to this problem.Ive been searching so many hours regarding this problem.

When I started my PC,it always restarted,when the XP is loading,after a while it will restart automatically.Then I thought that it is a virus because even if I go to safemode,it restarted again.Ive decided to format it.When it started to copy set up files,it always prompt that it has an error and tried it again to copy files.I thought it was the cd rom, so I tried to replace it another one,but again it has the same error.But the cd was good.Can you help me,maybe it was a hardware problem.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Hello & Welcome :)

My experience is that your "problem" is usually associated with bad RAM ... other hardware may cause a similar problem, but I would change the ram out first.

I may be able to give you more information, if you can supply the make/model general hardware in the PC.

:user:

Reaction score
lezana07 said:
Hello Guys,
Please help me to this problem.Ive been searching so many hours regarding this problem.

When I started my PC,it always restarted,when the XP is loading,after a while it will restart automatically.Then I thought that it is a virus because even if I go to safemode,it restarted again.Ive decided to format it.When it started to copy set up files,it always prompt that it has an error and tried it again to copy files.I thought it was the cd rom, so I tried to replace it another one,but again it has the same error.But the cd was good.Can you help me,maybe it was a hardware problem.

First check your ram push in right and everything other.

Anyway you can post the error message.

Is your harddrive working ok

Ask a Question