    when I copy it to the other cells in the column (either using Paste Special
    or the Paintbrush), it references the original cell. Do I have to manually
    adjust each cell (approx 450) or is there a shortcut?

    Guest, Dec 23, 2004

    Yes, you can copy it for instance by using the format painter paintbrush,
    note to be able to copy the formattin the cell reference must be relative

    If for instance you would use

    =$A$2>5

    in your formatting and you want to copy that down, you must remove at least
    one dollar sign, either

    =$A2>5

    or

    =A2>5

    if you do that you can just right click on the cell, copy down and select
    fill formatting or using the format painter

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    Guest, Dec 23, 2004

    Thanks!