    pasting them somewhere where there are no hidden rows. Is there any way to
    do this, either through an already existing Excel feature or with a VBA
    macro? Thanks in advance for any information!

    Guest, Nov 14, 2006

  2. There's nothing built into excel that allows you to do this.

    If the visible cells are on the same rows of the same worksheet, you may be able
    to sort your data first--to group what would be the visible rows. Then
    copy|paste.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Nov 14, 2006

    Hi, Dave, thanks for your response. The problem with sorting the data is
    that the data I want to sort involves subtotals and I don't want to get them
    out of order. It's hard to explain without seeing the spreadsheet, but I
    want to take the information in all the visible cells and move it over one
    columtn to the left on the same sheet.

    Anyway, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a feature hidden somewhere
    that I was missing. Thanks again.

    Guest, Nov 15, 2006
  4. Select the visible cells.
    Edit|goto|special|visible cells only
    You should be on the top cell of the selection
    type an equal sign (=) and then hit the left arrow
    (or type an equal sign and point to the cell in the same row)
    hit ctrl-enter to fill the selection with the same formula

    If all the cells in that second column are values, you can convert the entire
    column to values. Then clean up the "sending" cells if you need to.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Nov 15, 2006

    Hi, Dave, thanks so much for your response. I tried your suggestion and it
    worked great. :) It's just what I need. Thank you so much! :)

    Guest, Nov 17, 2006